The DJI Spark is currently available for $499. There is also a combo for $699 which includes a remote controller, extra propellers, extra battery, a quad battery charger, extra propeller guards, a power cable, a battery charging hub, a micro USB cable, a storage box and a shoulder bag. I would recommend getting the combo as the controller will give you a transmission range of up to 2KM.
We get a lot of questions about the DJI Spark. Here are the answers to the top 10 questions that you guys asked. This is a work in progress so come back in the future for more info.
1. What are the main differences between the Spark and the Mavic?
Spark is smaller and lighter than the Mavic Pro, but also supports all of the Mavic Pro’s Intelligent Flight Modes. Spark also introduces new features like QuickShot and advanced gesture controls like PalmControl.
2. How do I control the Spark?
Control Spark with your mobile device by downloading the DJI GO 4 app or use the remote controller.
3. How do I activate the Spark?
There are two ways to activate the Spark:
- Connect Spark with your mobile device and follow the instructions in DJI GO 4 to complete activation.
- Tap the top right icon in DJI GO 4’s main page, choose Scan QR Code, and use your mobile device’s camera to scan the QR code in the aircraft’s battery compartment. Follow the instructions in the app to complete activation.
4. What new Intelligent Flight Modes does the Spark include?
Spark is the first DJI drone to feature new TapFly submodes, Coordinate and Direction. In QuickShot mode, Spark takes professional shots for you with Rocket, Dronie, Circle, and Helix. Spark’s Gesture Mode also includes a new set of advanced gesture recognition capabilities, including PalmControl, Follow, Beckon, and PalmLand.
5. What new functions does the Spark’s camera have?
Spark supports ShallowFocus and Pano modes, which includes Horizontal and Vertical modes.
6. What is ShallowFocus?
ShallowFocus creates photos with a shallow depth of field with its 3D vision technology.
7. Which Pano modes are available?
- Vertical Mode: The camera will capture three photos vertically, then combine them to make a vertical panorama.
- Horizontal Mode: The camera will take nine photos from different angles vertically and horizontally, then combine them to make a horizontal panorama.
8. How do I charge the Spark?
- Use the included USB cable to charge Spark. During charging, do not remove the battery from the aircraft.
- Use the Charging Hub to charge three batteries simultaneously. If using the Charging Hub, you will need to remove the batteries from the aircraft and place them in the Charging Hub.
9. My newly purchased battery is not responding when I press the power button. What should I do?
New batteries are shipped in Hibernation Mode. In order to activate your newly purchased battery, charge it fully.
10.What mobile device sizes fit inside the Spark’s remote controller?
Spark’s remote controller fits mobile devices 6.5‑8.5 mm thick and up to 160 mm long, without a phone case. Mobile devices larger than this do not fit the remote controller’s device holder.